4.13.2007

Mati, conquered..

As promised, here are pictures of our great Mati escapade.. Mom planned on going there at the spur of the moment, siguro, it was a week before April 7 that it was confirmed.. We had agreed to leave the house at dawn, siguro, mga 4 am.. I was a little bit excited about the trip since this would be the first time since dad was gone that we'd go out as a family together to enjoy ourselves luxuriously over some resort.. I didn't really have an inkling who insisted in going to Mati since it was somewhat new to me since I haven't been there before.. Anyway, my hubby went there in March and he was actually bragging about Dahican.. kahit pa natutulog, he'd go on blabbing about how the beach was and how the tides splashed them.. grr.. I was really envious about it and because of that, I had looked forward to the day that we'd leave town and go there..

So, it was April 6, I had everything prepared on Holy Thursday, ironed our clothes and packed it in 3 bags.. prepared diapers for my baby and checked on the items prior the day.. We spent our night at mom's since we have to leave at dawn.. I had slept for 2 hours because my little brother , Dave, convinced me to be awake for the whole night.. E di, wala kaming ginawa kundi mag take turns playing RAN online and mag chika.. on the other hand naman, we were convincing little Jen to come with us.. evil talaga.. hahaha..

anyway, I decided to take a short nap at 2 in the morning and finally woke up at 4:30 am.. So, after I woke up, everybody started to descend from the stairs and prepare things, tissues and other necessities..

We left the house at a little before 6 am.. went to fill up gas, full tank.. then started our ride to Mati..




Here are pictures of the sleeping dinosaur..

So, we arrived at Mati at around 9:30 am.. immediately proceeded to Anthel's house, our tour guide..

We left Anthel's house at 10 am and then went off to Gregorio Beach Resort.. The road was kinda bad, not cemented, that is, but it wasn't at all bumpy.. Therefore, I would say it was just fair..


and so, this is Gregorio, I took this shot on top.. See, we had to reach the cottage by going down several flight of stairs..


From our cottage, I took a picture of my hubby and the front view.. The front cottages are that of Masau Beach Resort's..



This is our humble abode for the night.. You can smell the beach aroma inside since the air somehow tumble its way through the cottage.. *sigh*.. I miss it, you know..


and so, after unpacking, the little ones started setting up the tent.. The air was really strong that Balong had to place his backpacks and several other things just so the tent would stand.. hahaha.. it was really funny because we had to look for our stuff and thought it was missing..



This was a bad picture.. my brother and balong were teasing me why I took this picture when they couldn't see the fishes swimming through the waters.. honestly, the water was really clean and had a tint of blue, kinda deep, and we could see fishes swimming.. *sigh*..


this is a distant view of the beach, from our cottage, of course.. we had our share of riding the boat afterwards.. while they were taking out every water that's getting inside of the boat, they still had fun even if the "katig" was damaged.. nyahaha.. I guess, Benny was too heavy for the boat, that's why bumigay na sya..


and, as bad as I am, I stole a picture of my sexy sister.. naks! (o, utangan na ka nako dich ha..)


we also did some fooling around with shoti.. wondered why my lips were red?? KIAMOY!! hahaha


stole another picture of our nephew, JJ, with his mom..


Far huh? Anthel and Dave were chatting and getting through some stuff.. I'm sure they were talking of how he had convinced Jen to come.. while Anthel was telling Dave that he should have made more effort.. nyahahah..


These are the new generation of the "berkskada".. hahaha.. my hubby being the founder (???).. wala lang ang muse, absent.. naiwan sa Davao..


Afternoon came and they were cookin'! We had sinugbang fish, sinugbang chicken hotdog and kinilaw!.. yum yum yum!!


Night time came, the resort was so silent, except for the breezy air and a couple of guys doing their videoke thing.. It was actually serene and reflection would come easily for those reminiscing memories and events that happened in one's life.. what I did was to talk to my hubby, we exchanged stories, while on the right hand was a Red Horse beer and on the left hand was a Sudoku puzzle book.. nyahahaha..

We slept at, to my guess, was 9 pm.. Benny, Dave, Balong, Ai Ai with the kids left the resort.. They dropped off Anthel to her house and Dave and Balong, the love birds (???), went off scampering to the Capetul, Capitol, to fool around.. Benny, Ai Ai with the kids went to visit the girls relatives..

It was late already and we were sleeping when they woke us up as they arrived the cottage..

The night was really filled with laughter, the comedian slept inside the tent while doing his comedy..

Morning came..


It was 6 am, the water was really high and was really tempting.. While both of them are still asleep.. Kape't Gatas as I tagged the picture..



Kean, one of my twin sons, woke up first and I took them a picture with Shoti..


At the back of the cottage, the scene was this..


I went back to taking pictures in front.. On the boat ride was Balong and my hubby.. namukut daw sila, they came back to the cottage with naught a single fish.. buslot guro ang net.. o di kaha, nahadluk sa dagway ni balong????


while me and Shoti are posing, the guys were getting ready to swim.. Sus, guys, the beach was like a pool.. clear, clean with no waves.. Actually, there were no big waves, at all, since the resort was enclosed by islands.. it just has a small opening, that's why you could still see the water with very minimal movement..


Nilubog gud ang dagat ay.. hahaha.. we were teasing Balong that he was an ace swimmer.. that he was connected to the Sta. Ana wharf.. remember the children who would dive in when tourists throw coins at the sea? hmm.. familiar scene?? hehehe


the black genie beside the chinese sidekick.. come to think of it, balong has the most pictures on my camera phone.. murag iyaha gyud akung phone ba.. as in!!


Front view of Ai Ai and son..


as I had said earlier on this post, my hubby and balong had attempted making "pukut".. pero way nadakpan..


stolen? yes, stole it.. as he was taking water out of the bangka..


In between swimming, Shoti was really crying his heart out.. Kainis nga e, I had to stop swimming, synchronized na ha, and feed him his bottle..


Balong actually begged me to take his picture.. Maitim na, pero, it didn't make much difference naman kasi he was naturally black na rin.. hehehe.. (sshhh)..



This is the floating cottage of Gregorio.. Sayang, we didn't have the chance to enjoy it kasi it was occupied the whole time.. ang nagawa ko lang was to hold one the end lang to take a breath after doing freestyle swimming.. baka malunod ang tabachingching na achi.. haha


This is Benny and JJ.. After having loads of fun in the bangka, they finally stepped out of the water to chat..


Si shoti isn't really much of a swimmer, sabi niya.. kaya he decided to just hold his cellphone, sitting at one end of the cottage while playing with JJ, dun lang kasi may signal e..



Shoti is all dressed up after swimming.. Stop na sya kasi he might suffer sunburns e.. kawawa naman ang baby ko, if ever..



My hubby held Shoti.. At that time kasi, shoti was crying.. ewan ko ba.. He just enjoys crying while we scamper off to get him.. Habit nya na talaga.. sometimes it's irritating pero what can I do? Adorable kasi baby ko e..


Balong was standing on the bench when I took this.. he even insisted that I take the background also para daw sa friendster..


He was really furious with this picture kasi may sumingit.. nevertheless, okay naman rin ang pagkakuha e.. kaya siguro, he kept silent na lang..


Did you see the devil's horns? Arms yan ni dich.. haha..


Before we left Gregorio, I had the privilege to take a shot at Masau Resort.. This is in front of the Resort, where we are staying.. The cottages was lined up and similar to the cottages that we had occupied.. The ramp was composed of chopped wooden logs, some were coco lumbers, others were kawayans..


Before starting our journey home, we went off to Marton's for lunch.. The food was superb specially the beef steak and buttered chicken.. It was cooked to the taste that I like most, that's why I find it tasty..


We left Mati after noon time.. Took some shots at the back of the multicab.. It was stolen shot, again..


Another shot at the back.. picture pala.. pangit pakinggan ang shot ha..




We stopped over at Tagum, palengke.. Guys, they have areas for ukay ukay.. this is mom.. She actually tried sneaking inside to have a good look at the goods.. At the end of the journey, she said she didn't find anything to her liking.. kaya hindi na siya bumili..


And we came across this ad.. I was really laughing when I saw this sign.. sumakit na nga tiyan ko sa kakatawa.. Sayang nga at hindi ko nakuha yung isang blooper sign.. There was this sign kasi an "lot for sale", posted upside down.. ewan ko kung anong lot ang binebenta, yung sa langit na lot o sa lupa.. tsk tsk tsk..


Prior turning the corner of our street, I took this shot.. Shoti kasi was grabbing all the things inside the cab.. My hubby decided to put him on his lap para tumahimik while he holds the steering wheel.. I have this feeling that he wants to drive a car when he grows up.. *sigh*.. sana hindi maging reckless like mom.. hahaha

and so, this was the end of our overnight trip to Mati..

Till next issue..

No comments: