6.10.2011

ebook reader

I'm a bookworm, I admit! Thank you to my highschool friend, Donna Reve. I used to buy books from book sale shops before in Manila by different authors but the most books I bought were from Robert Ludlum's Collection. 


After I had kids, my book collection went from a few, since I didn't bring most of them home while the others were left at mom's, to nothing. Why? Sad to say, my kids think they're scratch papers and started scribbling on them and torn them apart. Ouch!


So, after a few years, when the last book I bought went kaput(!), I resorted to reading them on the phone (Thank you to mobile applications, jar files, that enable one to download, play games and read!), thus, came my fascination of searching for good reads, mobile ebooks, at mobiles24 and mobile9. It started out fine until I ran across a recent glitch, the Harry Potter 5: The Order of the Phoenix, and that's when my frustration began.


I was actually reading through it, not even minding the absence of the parenthesis (") mark on dialogues, until I reached 40% of the book. It went basically crazy, jumping from one line to another, some were cut. That was when I decided to stop reading the book and started searching for another version when I came across this reader, Foliant by casro.




Apparently, I tried finding some information on the software and found out that Foliant applications are as basic as it sounds, the text version. So, documents saved on notepad, with .txt extensions, are readable through Foliant.


Currently, only a few books can be found with that format while most of them are in Acrobat files. Software conversion would come in really handy on these, or, that's what I just did with the current ebooks that I downloaded.


Anyhow, for us bookworms who love to read even inside a car, I would recommend this application for phones as basic as mine, Nokia C3 or lower version phones.


Cool huh?

No comments: