11.24.2011

Social Media: You Amaze Me

Majority of the people existing in this generation rely too much on social media networks. I, for one, have a few accounts on the internet that would link and update me of long lost friends and relatives. In one way or the other, social media network has become a tool in building bridges even with distance.

It never ceases to amaze me what social media network can do for all of us. With the modern technology, traditional diaries which were kept in a safe place for privacy is exchanged with online blogs where people from all walks of life will be able to read it. Aside from blogs, social media networks has given the people of today a techie way of releasing emotions, be it extreme joy, obtrusive opinions or just plain boredom.

Quite frankly, status posts from friends never fail to put a smile on my face and somehow make me feel updated. Thank God as social media network has its own advantages too.

A few days back, someone from Twitter posted a photo of an old lady, Lola Aurelia, poster photos of her missing husband. If you happen to be updated, which I know most of you are, the photo that was shared on Twitter and Facebook helped Lola Aurelia find her husband.

Facebook photo posted by Reddie JS
After the photo was posted on Facebook, it was eventually shared by millions of Filipinos on Twitter which even became a trending topic. A few days after, Lolo Luis was found.

Twitter photo posted by Julius Babao
Social media network, you definitely amaze me.

1 comment:

Bambie Bernardo-Buen said...

I am equally amazed. I can't help saying that it is indeed a small world.