11.16.2011

Delayed Opinion: Pacquiao vs Marquez

I'm sure majority of the people all over the world were glued to their TV set, be it pay per view or the regular telecast loaded with a hundred advertisement. We were one of the lucky few since we were able to watch pay per view for free, thanks to my sister in law!


Honestly, I'm not too much of a boxing fan but as I was watching the entire 12 rounds without a blink, I certainly felt that Pacquiao never did gave Marquez a solid punch. Okay, well, let's just say, I was multi-tasking between watching Pacquiao and Marquez exchange jabs and tweeting / facebook-ing when I noticed Pacquiao's performance. *grins*

Anyway, at the end of round 10, I had already concluded that Pacquiao stood no chance in defeating Marquez and that he had finally lost his touch. I hate to say this but his performance deteriorated big time. While the boxing analysts thought him to be having too much priorities (boxer, tv host and congressman) and unfocused, his coaches blamed it to over training.

Although, Filipinos weren't disappointed, at all, when he retained his title as the featherweight champion, I still think that Marquez deserved that game. No, I'm no hater of Pacquiao even with the constant news headlines of his allegedly womanizing abilities.

With the different reactions that are being publicized to different newspapers, blogs and tv interviews, a video of an apparent "coincidental (?)" foot stop was being circulated to prove Pacquiao's winning (aside from the annoying statistics that was displayed all over facebook and twitter for a thousand times).

Anyway, here's a video of the said "foot stop" where a lot of my friends shared it to prove that Pacquiao was the rightful winner of that match.


So what do you think? Did Pacquiao really won or did he sack the victory because of this?

2 comments:

Bambie Bernardo-Buen said...

I am not a boxing expert so I really have no idea. But if you're going to assess the "damage," it seemed that Pacman got more blows. Also, I hope Pacman would consider concentrating na lang sa boxing.

Sweepz said...

I agree with you on that Bam. He's not for hosting and the congress.