5.26.2011

RH Bill and more

So, almost everyone in the Philippines is now aware of what the RH Bill is. Honestly, I'm opposed to having it approved and I don't want to argue with everyone who agrees with the bill but I wanted to just stress the reasons on why I'm opposing.

Before the government thought of passing it as law, artificial contraceptions are already out in the market. Condoms are displayed in grocery stores, pills can be bought at drugstores without prescriptions. Tubal ligations are done at a non-sectarian hospital. IUD insertions are available at Ob-gyne doctors. These are just a few to mention.

Though I'm an anti-RH bill person, I still think that education is the best way to help the people instead of handing out free contraceptives. 

If we're going to open our eyes to reality today, I think, most of the large families in the Philippines come from the poor. While those belonging to the average families have four children, max.

Plus, if we're going to argue with women getting sick, we can't always blame sex. Have we even considered the side effects of these contraceptions? Pills, condoms, etc? 

So what do we need the RH Bill for? 

Anyway, enough of the RH Bill. Here's a video that was shared in a friend's facebook account. Watch.


No comments: