6.18.2007

a great weekend

I went to 2 birthday celebrations over the weekend..

The first one was my godson's birthday, Prince Nikolai Latoza..
Time flies really fast, you know..
He's 3 now.. and very active for his age..

I greeted him early, at around 6:00 am..
and later received a reply from his dad that Prince was asking for an ice cream..
And, to give an impression of a good godmother, I gave him a galloon of Double Dutch ice cream..

Later that day, I texted his dad, Eduard, that I won't be able to go to the party since the weather was all bad.. It was raining and the sky was gloomy..
He, then, convinced me to go for just a while..

and, so, I finally gave in, since I couldn't find any other reason to beg off..

Here are pictures I took of him..



This is Prince's backdrop.. Honestly, we were teasing his dad about it..
Why on earth did they choose a pink hello kitty design?
They must have forgotten that the celebrant is a boy??
err.. *knock* *knock*..


This is Prince..
I took this picture while he was running with his playmates..
They're carrying several balloons which later exploded..



This is another picture of Prince..
This time, I called him to pose in front of the camera..
He was later following my back, he wants more picture, could you believe?
But I didn't give in since the food was tempting.. *heehee*..


These are the 3 badketeers..
They were teasing me the whole afternoon, while eating..
and that, they just finished one of their project "chair" for me..
GRR!
It's just pure luck that the food they ate didn't come out of their mouth..

I left the party at 5:00 PM..
talking of a party pooper..
but in the end, I was still glad that I went to see Prince..



Yesterday, Sunday, was my father-in-law's birthday..
I received a text from my sister-in-law asking for funds for the cake..
Since I was short of cash, with lots of bad debts, I was saddened since I wasn't able to shell out any..
Nevertheless, we were at papa's house the whole day..
Hubby was busy preparing the food, cooking and running errands..
Papa turned 77 yesterday and running..
Hopefully, God would bless him more wonderful years..


This was after the preparation..
They finished setting up everything including the magic sing and went on to waiting for the birthday boy to arrive from the mass..


The birthday boy, super young at 77..


The food, yummy.. Yes, it was really good..
I had concentrated on the famous chicken curry of my sister-in-law..
I couldn't help it, I'm always craving for her curry..


The cake from Boulangerie, if my spelling is right..
It was sheer luck that father's day and papa's birthday fall on the same day..


Papa, saying a silent prayer and his wishes on his birthday..



Diggin' in..


Catching up and slight business talk..


After dinner, it's siesta time..
Sang 'til he dropped, with El Hombre Tequila!


and he grabbed the mic from my hubby..
This is kuya, my hubby's elder half brother..


While waiting for their turn..


Papa's visitors..


My baby scanning the song book..
Hmm.. He might end up being a singer soon.. hehehe..


Sneaking a bite on Papa's cake..
Actually, they're just shy to let everyone see that they're big eaters..


The twins while waiting, killing the time, before going home..


My sister-in-law's pets..
The white one is milky while the other one is Sakura..
I wonder where they got those names..
Odd..

And so, we left Papa's house a little past 9 PM..
Not satisfied, we had to go home since the kids has school the next day..



Anyway..
I took several shots, out of the blue..


This is a really odd tree..
It's all covered up with leaves..
and, would look lovely when trimmed..
You can find this tree at Gaisano Mall's Parking Area..


This is the area where I'm working..
The box plant..
I have yet to take a picture of the plastic plant, my concentration..


and being one with DENR, we have the "Beat the Heat" banner..

No comments: