12.17.2023

21 years for 26 years and counting

 A few days ago, I celebrated my 21st birthday for 26 years 🤪. In all honestly, when someone asks me how old I am, I always answer them with a “21 years old”. They raise their brows, confused, yet I always give them a follow up explanation that I just stopped counting at 21.

Nobody wants to get old, I included, even if I can’t deny the fact that my body and bones are telling otherwise.

In all honesty, I had lived a full life at this age. People I know haven’t experienced what I had experienced. Name it, we went through it. Well, if not 100%, at least, more than 80%, to my knowledge.

No one knew what our struggles were. How we coped up and how we’re still fighting to be reach full recovery.

To tell you frankly and not bragging, I grew up in a middle class to a well off family. I never came across to having problems on what food will be served on the table, whether our clothes were ironed or not, what bills were remained unpaid, what tuitions were missed out…. or maybe our parents were just too secretive to let us know their hurdles as well like what we’re doing now. Maybe, the latter. But they successfully took care of that, that we didn’t know that we have to also be mindful of it. Not until we grew, got married and had kids. Well….

Having said all these, I really think that I had lived a full life at this age, experienced a lot of situations wherein not everyone are privileged to experience. And I have to thank God for that.

Another reason that kept me going was my husband. He never gave up on me. I can be frustrating at times. I don’t know how to cool, clean, etc. But he managed to work with me. Today, he cooks for the family except when he feels under the weather or has a hangover from the night before. When he does, the kids or I take over, let’s not to mention the over-cooked viands when I take over. The twins, however, are brilliant cooks. They got it from their papa.

Luckily and thankfully, eventhough I am not “religious” and a “devotee”, God works through me, and, in me. The reason why I always feel thankful, grateful and definitely blessed. And, I have no regrets. Well, there maybe some that should been done differently but no regrets.

My point? Honestly, I don’t have a point here. I prolly just want to share what I went through in a silhouette. This is just, maybe, 5% to 30% of my life story.

Would you care to tell me yours?

No comments: