8.09.2011

Blasphemy Art Exhibit

Philippines, after the Spanish regime, became a Catholic country. Majority of the population here are Christians.

I was born a Catholic, a Christian. Although there are a few practices of Catholicism that is worth to debate on, my faith would still be intact. I'm not saying I'm a perfect Christian, but, I believe in Jesus Christ, I believe in God.

Knowing that majority of the people born and raised in the Philippines are Christians, why would someone do something like this?

 (The photo you see is not mine.)

I am sorry, but, I felt really ashamed after seeing this picture on the internet. This is one of the collections that was exhibited at Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP). Even if according to some, it's a work of art, the artist should at least be a responsible individual. Stepping on one's faith and belief is a big slap on every Christian's face.

Even if we are given the right to show "freedom of expression", we should be morally conscious. We should respect everyone's faith and belief no matter how absurd it may sound to others. Freedom of expression doesn't mean stepping on one's shoe or putting something and all the Christians into shame. It means respect.

There may be other ways one can show their inclination to art, but this, THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT A WORK OF ART!

Here are 2 more exhibit photos. Please, artists, always be conscious on what you do.

 (The photo you see is not mine.)

 (The photo you see is not mine.)

No comments: