8.04.2011

article writing fiasco

Well, I think it's the end of my article writing career. Eeep! At least I tried, anyway. no regrets.

I thought article writing was easy. A friend of mine told me that it wasn't at all hard. She even added that the key to article writing is search and reconstruct.

Well, anyway, I started article writing last Thursday. I was given a guide: title, headings, sub headings, and what to put in the articles. Main subject was Burlesque costumes. To be honest, I know nothing about Burlesque productions or anything that's associated with it.

Now, imagine being handed out 10 articles of that subject and an additional 5 more on Sunday with the same title. I went crazy, naturally. It was like my head was spinning like a top. After 3 articles of the subject, my brain became numb (information overload).

Nevertheless, I had learned some tips on article writing:
  • Redundancy - Never be redundant. Using words with the same meaning, like unique and different, is redundancy. 
  • Reconstruct - Never copy a sentence from your searches. Your article will be tagged as "copied" if they had found 4 or more words that are the same with the other articles (They have softwares to scan through the article for copyright).
  • Proof reading - I admit it, I don't usually do that. Instead, I let my sister-in-law or my colleague here read it and give me some comments. Normally, I would correct what MS Word underlines, like grammar and spelling. 
  • Transition - If you're going to skip from one subject to another, you have to have a smooth flow in order for the reader to understand more easily what you're talking about and where you're heading. Otherwise, the reader would lose interest on the article if you suddenly stop from one subject and skipped to another subject without correlating both.
  • Read blogs - I think, the best way to learn is to become a reader yourself. You'll be able to decipher which articles are easy to follow (transition wise) and which are interesting (fun and easy to understand).
*sigh*. 

Well, so much for trying. No regrets. :)

No comments: