8.13.2023

A sentimental mom's thoughts

 A while ago, I sent a "sad face" emoticon to one of my twin sons to a picture he posted on his socmed from the concert they attended for Kadayawan. It was by accident as I was supposed to send a love emoticon for the picture. I feel happy that he was able to enjoy the moment where his a-i and I shared finances for him to be able to witness the event. Half heartedly, I was sad because he was enjoying this life with his friends and girlfriend instead of us. But such is life. 

As the song goes "and children get older, I'm getting older too", which makes me feel sentimental every time I get the chance to listen to this song. 

To be honest, I would like to think that we'll be okay, and for sure I'll be okay when time comes because the people that we love the most will be taken cared of the way we took care of them. That, I'll be ok knowing that my kids will be compensated with the love that we gave them, if not a 100%, 80% at least. This is honestly the reason why I love my sons' respective girlfriends, yeah, sad to say, they already have girlfriends. 

I pray though that what we lack, they will search, most especially the relationship with Christ. But nevertheless, I'm okay. We'll be okay. 

No comments: